Tonight, I just wanted to have some fun. To let my mind wander from the daily atrocities around the globe, my work, essays due, and of course... the impending doom of income tax season. Play along. I'll post the answers underneath "Books I'm Reading".
Famous First Lines:
(Score yourself 1point for the title and 1 point for the author) /24
1. All children, except one, grow up.
2. In an old house in Paris that was covered with vines lived twelve little girls in two straight lines.
3. When Mary Lennox was sent to Misselthwaite Manor to live with her uncle everybody said she was the most disagreeable-looking child ever seen.
4. "Christmas won't be Christmas without any presents," grumbled Jo, lying on the rug.
5. Ba-room, ba-room, ba-room, baripity, baripity, baripity, baripity --- Good.
6. It was seven o'clock of a very warm evening in the Seeonee hills when Father Wolf woke up from his day's rest, scratched himself, yawned, and spread out his paws one after the other to get rid of the sleepy feeling in their tips.
7. "Where's Papa going with that ax?" said Fern to her mother as they were setting the table for breakfast.
8. For many days we had been tempest-tossed.
9. The first place that I can well remember was a large pleasant meadow with a pond of clear water in it.
10. These two very old people are the father and mother of Mr. Bucket.
11. In the light of the moon a little egg lay on a leaf.
12. "Did Mama sing every day?" asked Caleb.
I hope this short quiz put a smile on your face and brought back pleasant childhood memories.
Happy Weekend Everyone! This weekend is a stay at home, catch up weekend after spending Father's Day weekend in Maine. We had a wonderful time staying ...