Saturday, March 14, 2009

Third Robert Langdon Novel Coming Soon

It seems that Dan Brown may be close to completing the next Robert Langdon novel, The Solomon Key. My favourite remains Angels and Demons, even though The DaVinci Code received all the acclaim. Maybe that will change when the new movie comes out. I wasn't a big fan of the DaVinci Code movie, even though I generally like Ron Howard's films. They certainly create a buzz of controversy though.
Right now I'm struggling to finish The Historian, " plodding through the pages waiting to "get hooked." I usually give myself about 150 pages with a large novel, and I'm getting dangerously close. (I remember when a friend introduced me to Diana Gabaldon's Outlander series about 10 years ago, she said give it about 150 pages and you won't put it down. So true, for the first four books. Beautiful series, should have stopped there.) I think I'm just not loving the world's latest literary darling, the vampire. I really tried to make it through the Twilight series, for the sake of my daughter who declared they were far superior to the Potter series (yeah, Rowling is a MASTER, not even in same league as Meyer).
I'm giving The Historian 32 more pages before I decide if I'm cutting loose.
One book that I do recommend that has absolutely nothing to do with vampires, but is a nice throw back to the old gothic style, is The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield. It has a slow pace as well but is something different than what I've read before. Many interesting twists, some predictable, some not.

0 comments:

Post a Comment