As many of you know (Ok, I use the term "many" very broadly here) I have blogged about my intent to complete a "26 Books" challenge over the course of the year. I have hundreds of books just waiting TBR all stored securely in my ereader. But how to pick 26?
I subscribe via RSS feeds to several book blogs through my Google Reader. I can read multiple book reviews and add to my reading wishlist. Through one of my favourites Book Addiction I heard about the "What's in a Name? 3 " challenge. I thought that it might be fun to incorporate a few mini challenges into my bigger one and make connections with other book lovers and bloggers.
What's in a Name? Challenge
Between Jan 1-Dec 31 2010 I need to read one book for each of the following categories:
My selections are in brackets.
1. A book with a food in the title (Chocolat by Joanne Harris)
2. A book with a body of water in the title (Death on the Nile by Agatha Christie)
3. A book with a title in the title (The Constant Princess by Philippa Gregory - I may even try and make this one work with a series challenge)
4. A book with a plant in the title (The Forgotten Garden by Kate Morton)
5. A book with a place name in the title ((My Life in France by Julia Child)
6. A book with a music term in the title (I'm still thinking about this one)
The books do not have to be read in any particular order, do not have to be selected ahead of time, and this challenge is ok to be imbedded or overlap with others.
I'm not sure where I'll start but it has already been fun selecting books for these categories. I hope for a few January "snow days" to kick start my initiative!