Sunday, January 31, 2010

January Reading List

As January closes on a cold and windy note (walking in Toronto yesterday after seeing the Tut exhibit at the AGO -- so numbingly, achingly cold), I find myself happy with my reading, the challenges that I have joined and the selections that I have made. Canadian winters are good for readers. Big chair, fleecy blanket, bright windows, hot coffee, drowsy dog, all I need.

I read 10 books in January. Surprised by this really. Initially, I worried that I may not finish 26 in a year. I hope to read at least 5 books in February. I'm back in course work, have conferences to attend, dance recitals to cheer at.....

Favourite book this month was The Forgotten Garden by Kate Morton.

January Reading List:

1. Agnes Grey by Anne Bronte (All About the Brontes Challenge)












2. Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen (451 Challenge, To Be Read Challenge)













3. Wishin' and Hopin': A Christmas Story by Wally Lamb









4. Say You're One of Them by Uwem Akpan













5. The Brightest Star in the Sky by Marian Keyes










6. Finger Lickin' Fifteen by Janet Evanovich













7. Shanghai Girls by Lisa See



8. Burning Bright by Tracy Chevalier













9. The Forgotten Garden by Kate Morton (What's in a Name 3 Challenge)












10. The Red Tent by Anita Diamant

0 comments:

Post a Comment